Sunday 1 October 2006

Brave new world

Heathrow's been in a mess all day, both arriving and departing flights terribly late. I thought it must be another terrorism alert somewhere, and wondered why I couldn't find any mention of what's going on anywhere on the net.

Turns out the weather is bad. Never even occurred to me.

And then to something completely different: telly heaven! The X Factor is getting exciting, a brand new Cracker is on in half an hour (I was worried M might want to talk about Japan and not let me watch it. No worries now!), and It's Me or the Dog continues next week. Exactly my sort of a mix - bad reality tv and quality detective series.

A Sunday quote:

"Arthur was frequently baffled by the complacency with which people went on with... with what they insouciantly called their lives, as if both the word and the thing made perfect sense to them."

- From Julian Barnes' fascinating Arthur & George.
(Arthur, as in Sir Conan Doyle, found his answer in spiritualism. Whatever makes sense to you.)

No comments: