Monday 21 May 2007

Information Age

The little flat we used to live in was sold in 2001 for £88,000.
Three and a half years later, in 2005, the price had bumped to £147,741.

Bloody hell:
1) The flat has just been sold again. I'm rather looking forward to seeing how many pounds it has gained - to the profit of our ex-landlords, who we have to take to court to get back £500. (In property programmes they always play guess the price, so my bet is, say, 180K.)
2) It only took a nosy mind and five minutes on the internet to find this out. Then I got nosier: our neighbours are indeed very posh. One house in the corner sold for 1.3 million last autumn. Pounds.

Also, I would very much like it if the UK property bubble would collapse just before I graduate and get a real job.

2 comments:

Antti said...

Thinking about staying in the UK then, are you?

Linda said...

In the same sense that I'm/we're thinking about going back to Finland or moving on to some other country :)

We'll have to start thinking seriously next year.