Friday 29 February 2008

Alleluia!

The passport made a miraculous reappearance.

I was just leaving for the police station to report the loss (required to get a new one) and was looking for my library card, when I felt something very familiar but, at the same time, very surprising... Why the hell my passport was in the pocket of my rattiest dog-walking jacket, I do not know. Why I didn't find it when I searched every nook and cranny (or every pocket and folder) in the house, twice, I do not know either. But I do know now I don't need to travel to London to the embassy, pay through the nose for a new passport, and probably still not be able to travel in two weeks.

The library card is still missing, but I can live with that.

***

EDIT: The plumber just showed up to fix the boiler, so heating and hot water are back on. I can have a shower, and it should be more than 10 degrees inside. Yay to that too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hyvä homma et passi löytyi. olisiko sun oikeesti pitänyt reissaa londoniumiin jos se ei olis löytynyt?

-Tommi

Linda said...

Juu. Ja uusi tuskin olisi ehtinyt ensi viikkoon mennessä, joten en olisi päässyt reissuun. Piti ottaa pienet voitontanssit Shepun kanssa, kun löytyi.

Ja löysin kirjastokortinkin viikonloppuna :-D

Antti said...

Taisi olla Shepulle katkeransuloinen tanssi? Mites se on pärjäillyt?